Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Red, White, Black and Blue

Hello All! I hope that all four of you who may read this had a great holiday weekend. We had a busy and super fun weekend with family and friends. I think that my kids ate hotdogs for at least three days straight!! On Sunday we went to my cousin's house and had a great time with the Vosses, but alas I took no photos! On Monday, we watched the neighborhood parade and hung out at the picnic at the park for a while. Carter was so excited about the bounce houses. Everyone came back to our house for lunch and some baby swimming time. Here are some photos from the day. We had such a great day!

Charlotte with MamaDu and PapaDu--watching the parade and trying to keep Char happy!


Carter and Pumpkin (Beau and Jessica's dog) at the parade...Carter has a "rocket" taped to his back ala Buzz Lightyear if you are questioning the blue tape.


Sloan, Stella and Charlotte...sitting still, but not so smiley (especially Charlotte)!!! What patriotic outfits and accessories!



Charlotte insisted on wearing her necklace in the pool--such a girlie!

As for the "black" in our Red, White, Black and Blue" weekend...Here is a photo of Charlotte's first real injury. It is not really a black eye, but scab is not a very poetic word. All by her self without any help or major accident, Charlotte simply tripped while walking in the den and caught the corner of the coffee table with her face. I must say that I am relieved that this happened on my second child, as I was much more relaxed than I would have been with Carter. Not to mention that Charlotte is TOUGH and recovered quickly...I am not sure the recovery would have been so swift with Carter. Charlotte makes a sad face when I try to treat her wound, but other than that, she is not bothered by it at all! I am so thankful for both of my little ones...they are so different from each other and so wonderful to get to know each day!

No comments: