Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Imagination and New Things

Well, it has only been a few days or so and I am already posting again. This is what I call progress. Life around here has been progressing as well, in it's own new way. It is starting to feel like this new schedule and set of responsibilities, challenges and motivators is our real life. I am working on finding a balance between school work, household stuff, being a mom, being a wife and being a Whitney. "Book Club" was this week which always help to balance me and give me some time with the girls. I am starting to make cooking a priority so that Vaughn's work day can be more defined, not to mention a little longer (in hopes that he won't have to work so many nights). I have cooked two great dinners this week already with little help, but a lot of encouragement from Vaughn! These were completely new recipes to our household and we have really liked them so far. I have enjoyed cooking and having a goal to meet by the end of the day. I have done some of my prep. work during Charlotte's nap times which makes it a little more peaceful. The kids and I have not done any major activities this week. We have played at the house and enjoyed our newly repaired and painted sunroom/playroom. Here are some photos of the kiddos with the tunnels and cubes which Carter pretends are dinosaur decoys (Dino Dan on Nick Jr. has inspired a lot of dinosaur imaginative play in our house).



Charlotte screaming "ball"


Charlotte in the sunlight


Carter is spying something with his "big eye" and Charlotte looks a little grossed out!


Carter dressed himself up as a cowboy...Dino-rain boots, no shorts, and a western belt with an empty gun holster...He totally thinks he looks like Sheriff Woody from Toy Story (at least I got him to trade in the Fedora for a cowboy hat this time)!

No comments: