Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Fun (and Very Hot) Afternoon at the Zoo

My cousin Aubrey and I took the kids to the zoo this afternoon. It was HOT! Aubrey and I were sweating as soon as we got there and of course Carter was a sweat ball immediately. Our first priority was visiting the rhinos as Carter missed them on our last trip. I took a photo, but since the rhino was settled in the shade, my photo is a big shadow with a blurry horn. We saw other large mammals like the camels and the llamas. Aubrey taught Carter that llamas spit and how to make a llama with his hand. We saw the tigers and some of the monkeys. Aubrey hadn't seen the new Wilds of Africa exhibit so we walked through the tunnel (a highlight for Carter) to see the giraffes, elephants, zebras and then the lions. We had given up on seeing them when a lady told us to come into the restaurant because the lions were laying against the windows. It was so cool--there were four lions cuddling in the window at the level of both kiddos. Charlotte roared at them from the stroller. After all of our walking and sweating, we headed to the Children's zoo for some water time. What a relief for all of us! For the record, I conceded to let Carter ride a pony and then discovered that Tuesday is the designated rest day for the ponies...broke his little heart! I had to be the bad guy just because I tried to be the good guy! Here are some photos from our day.



So...this is what I got out of my kiddos when I asked them to pose together...Awesome!



Charlotte in the water at the Children's Zoo--
Yes, I have tucked up her dress to show-off the swim diaper!


Carter the Dinosaur in the water--ROAR!


Aubrey is playing with the kids in the water--Charlotte thinks Aubrey is FUNNY!


Carter the Turtle...What A Face!

No comments: