Friday, April 25, 2008

Four Months Old

I can hardly believe that Carter is already four months old and then again...it is hard to believe that he has only been around for four months.  He is growing and learning new things so fast.  I look back at pictures and can't believe how different he is!  Carter is a very practiced roller now and flips to his tummy every time he is laid on his back.  Carter has laughed, but he apparently has a very specific comedic taste.  We try our best to make him laugh, but sadly we are not as funny as we think we are!  The first time he laughed it was because of Vaughn's monkey noise...he has also decided that me as a rapper is worth a laugh!  Carter and I braved the doctor's office again for another round of shots and his four month check up.  He screamed during the shots, but showed off his rolling and kicking skills with the doctor.  Carter weighed 14 pounds, 2 ounces and is now 26 inches tall.  He is in the 30% for weight and the 80% for height.  This of course made me worry that he was not gaining enough weight and all of that, but the doctor said that this is about the age when children take on their "body-type" and that it was perfectly normal.  Who would have thought that I would have a tall, thin kiddo!  I call him my noodle with a noggin (His head is in the 80% too!) 

Carter survived his shots and had "cool" band-aids to show off!  

1 comment:

The Ralston Family said...

Love it!! He is too cute, can't wait to see you guys in June!